Re: What is flash?

Karl Kobel wrote:
> Yes, I see now...
>
> "I here alot about flash what is it?"
>
> I assumed he was refering to 'flash', the noun.
>

> "Did you try to flash the 770 again?"
>
> Andre was referring to 'flash', the verb.

I haven't been reading all the threads that Jeff posted, but to be
honest I read his question and got a third answer!

Flash is a plug-in for the web browser that allows it to display little
programs in line. These range from small animations to full featured
applications. Flash is is technology owned by Adobe systems (originally
Macromedia, but Adobe bought that company) and is largely demonised on
the web because it has generally poor performance and is only available
of a few platforms (Windows, Mac, LINUX on Intel x86/ia32 compatible
hardware and some phones and other devices such as the N series
tablets.) A common use of Flash these days is to provide a video player.
These players use a special "FLash Video" (.flv) format.

I'm probably wrong in my interpretation of the question though ;-)