RE: Send-Only Accounts in Modest

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to comment in such detail.

The 'feel of "wontfix"'. Poetry :) Note that I am not too much involved
in Modest development at the moment, but obviously I am keeping a close
eye on it.

<...>

> 3) It would be possible to greatly improve the state of
> things without
> any additional options at all by issuing missing mailserver errors
> during the new message check as an info-alert (is that the right term
> for the little popup messages in the upper right-corner of the screen
> that don't require user interaction to clear?), rather than as two
> separate popup boxes requiring user interaction to clear (one error
> message + the account preferences box in order to "fix" the faulty
> account).  It's worth noting that Modest already throws an
> error during
> account creation if the mailserver is bogus, so it's not necessary to
> issue such a loud error message during mail-check.

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe leaving the incoming mail server empty
would
be possible. But still, many users don't even understand the different
universes of incoming and outgoing mailservers, and its hard to make it
somehow hard for non-technical users to something wrong, while still
giving flexibility to powerusers...

Best wishes,
Dirk.