Re: Diablo released (AGPS)

guys

> the fact that
> it wants a data connection through a cell (wifi isn't good enough)
> suggests that it might look to see which gsm towers are around.

out of curiosity I ran hcidump so I could watch the negotiation with
the cellphone. my n810 does not get cell tower info as it connects to
get agps data, although it would be a cool hack if it did. I don't
think there is a way to do out-of-band AT commands after DUN is
running a full-on connection (so I didn't check)

the only commands it did run were...

AT&F (OK)
AT+GCAP (+GCAP: +FCLASS)
AT+CPAS (ERROR)
AT+CRM=? (ERROR)
AT+CMEE=1 (ERROR)
AT+CGDCONT=1,"ip","wap.cingular"

and so on with the connection.

probably wifi was left out of the agps menu just because it isn't the
norm for connecting while on the go...

--
Brad