Re: Application Manager - Refresh application list

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Denis Dimick <dgdimick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are still a number of "bugs" in the GUI version, I for one would like
> to see some data as it tries the repositories, however, I spend about 90% of
> my time ssh'ed into the n810 even with a KB and terminal. It's just easier.
>
> Try this, I know you don't like the terminal:

Actually, I use the terminal a lot, especially on my desktop system.
It's just that a GUI that takes a few clicks to get something done is
more efficient than going to a terminal and doing a bunch of typing to
do the same thing, especially when you don't have a touch-typeable
keyboard.

> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade
> apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> The last two commands are kind of redundant, and you could just do the
> dist-upgrade.

Um... doesn't "dist-upgrade" upgrade the OS - as in Diablo?  (I'm
familiar with that command from my desktop kubuntu system.) I'm not
ready to do that until a couple of issues in Diablo have been
addressed.

> Let me know how the Application Repository works after this.
>
> Denis

It's not the end of the world - I already knew how to work around the
issue and it doesn't prevent me from doing anything. It's just an
annoying glitch that I was wondering if anybody else was experiencing
and/or if it was going to be fixed. Apparently the answers are "yes"
and "only if you upgrade to Diablo". :-)

Thanks,
Mark