Re: maemo on GTK FB

Hi Matt,

Matt Emson wrote:
> Sandeep, my understanding is that Maemo sits on top of a framework called "Hildon" that is based on GTK+, but not necessarily the same thing entirely. Others will be more precise, but YMMV greatly as to how easily it is to implement.

Hildon sits on top of GTK+, and uses/augments it. I suppose it's
possible that Hildon contains some X11 specific code (I really have no
idea), but if it uses only GTK+ and glib calls, then it should work on
that whatever the back-end is. In GTK+, there are a few different
elements - the widgets themselves don't have any X11 drawing code, and
draw using GDK, the GTK Drawing Kit (actually GIMP Drawing Kit
historically) - GDK is where different back-end code gets added, such as
gdk-x11, gdk-win32, gdk-directfb and gdk-quartz.

My understanding is that GTKFB is just GTK+ using the directfb back-end
of GDK - but I don't actually know of anyone using it in a device at
this time. Best advice is try it & see.

Cheers,
Dave.

--