Re: Diablo released

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 04:56:31PM +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Probably the best enhancement is a huge browser performance improvement
> for www-pages which use alpha-blended layers. Earlier panning was about
> unusable for those *when the page was zoomed*, in Diablo panning works
> nearly as fast when zoomed as it works when the page is not zoomed.

I noticed this even without zooming.  Previously, Google Reader was
nearly unusable with panning (your finger/stylus would move across the
whole pan area before the software noticed you were trying to do
something).  Now it's fast.  Although now there are some rendering
artifacts from scrolling via panning:
http://mg.pov.lt/diablo-browser-scrolling-garbage.png

Marius Gedminas
--