Re: Cheap UMTS connection for a week in Spain? Ideas and suggestion are wellcome :)

En/na Álvaro J. Iradier ha escrit:
> You could buy a prepaid card from Yoigo[1]. It's maximum 1,2€ + taxes
> per day if you use it (no limit), 0€ if you don't.
> Notice that Yoigo coverage is not very good, depending on where you'll
> be staying, but it connects to Vodafone or Movistar network in case
> there's no Yoigo coverage. I strongly recommend manually choosing
> Movistar coverage for UMTS, using Vodafone will be limited to GPRS.
>
> Another option is Simyo[2], prepaid, 1€ + taxes per day, maximum 100MB per day.
>
> [1] http://www.yoigo.com
> [2] http://www.simyo.es

But since you cannot buy a simyo sim in a brick & mortar shop, and you
need a spanish address to have it delivered, I don't think it's an option.
I don't know about yoigo, but I do know they're revamping their rates
(for the worse, as always), so it's possible they're going to cripple
the 1,2€/day connection.

Here you'll find a table comparing the various rates, however most (if
not all) of them have a minimum contract of a year or more:

http://wiki.bandaancha.st/Comparativa_internet_m%C3%B3vil

Bye
--
Luca