Re: Browser location field showing when I click on a text input field

On Saturday 21 Jun 2008, Tuukka Tolvanen wrote:

Thanks for the ideas, Tuukka.

> You might want to find / file a bug on https://bugs.maemo.org/ -- but
> first: what version are you using (Control Panel > General > About
> product),
OS2008 Version 2.2007.51-3
The 2007 bit worried me at first, but it seems correct looking at the download
page

>  does this happen on all sites or a particular site (example
> url and specific field required either way)
All sites as far as I can see; in simple text input fields and textareas as
well. Obvious example: http://maemo.org - click in the search field top-right
and the keyboard pops up with the location field still showing.

>  fullscreen or normal view
> or both,
Both

>  settings in browser's menu -> view -> toolbar
Ticked for both normal screen and full screen. Un-ticking stops it showing
when I click in a text field, but of course means that the address bar
doesn't show at all (actually not too big a problem for my main use of the
browser, which is a web database app installed onboard.)

>  does closing
> browser and rebooting (no charger) happen to resolve the problem?
First thing I tried :-)

> Also the contents of /home/user/.browser may be of interest.
[Settings]
First_Start=false
Full_Screen=true
Norm_Screen=true
Optim_View=false
Merge_Frames=false
Global_Ltd_Js=false
Google_Ltd_Js=false
Find_Toolbar=false
Image_Policy=3
JS_Stoped_By_Low_Mem=true
Dirty_State=false
Enable_PopUp_Windows=0
Load_Pref=false
Saveas_Location=file:///media/mmc2
engine=microb
hidden=true
Total_Dis_Shortcuts=0
I hadn't spotted that file before, so I tried closing the browser and renaming
it in case something in it was causing the problem, but that made no
difference. Neither did renaming /home/user/.mozilla

> > http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/faqs.html for more information.
>
> this is 404.
Drat! Time to hunt for another explanation for hardly anybody to bother
reading :-)

--
Tony Green
Ipswich, Suffolk, England

** This message is digitally signed. If your email client is unable to read
digital signatures, you may see an attachment that you cannot open. See
http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/faqs.html for more information.
You can validate my PGP key from my website: http://www.beermad.org.uk/
* No Micro$oft products were used in the generation of this communication