Re: Screwed up my battery status

Tony,

Thanks, I do have Linux, so I'll give it a look.

Denis

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Faheem Pervez <trippin1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you have Linux, http://maemo.org/community/wiki/ModifyingRootImage/ will tell you how to open up a rootfs.jffs2 and you can then dpkg-repack or tar.gz the files you need.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Denis Dimick <dgdimick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It looks like theses two files are only provided in the flash image, guess I'm going to be re-flashing tonight :)

Thanks,

Denis

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:35 AM, Tony Green <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 19 Jun 2008, maemo-users-request@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:35:29 -0600
> From: "Denis Dimick" <dgdimick@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Screwed up my battery status
> To: maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx
>
> I was trying to delete my non-needed local files and ended up deleted
> "hildon-status-bar-battery" and "osso-dsm-ui"
>
> anyone know where to get these without doing a full install?

dpkg -S filename
will tell you which package contains any particular file. Once you know that,
all you need to do is reinstall that particular package.
--
Tony Green
Ipswich, Suffolk, England

** This message is digitally signed. If your email client is unable to read
digital signatures, you may see an attachment that you cannot open. See
http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/faqs.html for more information.
You can validate my PGP key from my website: http://www.beermad.org.uk/
* No Micro$oft products were used in the generation of this communication