Re: Nokia: Linux Needs to Learn Business

To me open source means freedom. To me freedom means
right to think as i think but it also means right to think differently
than i do.

It is too common that when someone talks about freedom, he only means
right to think
as he thinks.

As consumer and Open source developer, i am against DRM or locked
devices but
as same time i must admit that these consumers that rather buy $20
locked and
crippled device and buy DRM content has also right to do so.

That means that i must admit that Ari Jaaksi is right, when we bring
Linux and
Open source to main stream market, the potential audience is no longer only
us, Open Source community but also main stream consumers.

As consumer, i vote with my valet, i don't never buy DRM content or in
don't buy crippled devices, it is my freedom.

There is still big markets, hundred of millions consumers that has different
opinion and rather buy subsidised devices or DRM content.

As major player in mobile device market, Nokia can't just let it out
from this big market segment by saying no.

I think that Nokia offers real freedom when it sells devices also as non
sim locked ones, you are not forced by Nokia to buy sim locked devices
or you are not forced buy DRM content.

Kate