Re: Nokia: Linux Needs to Learn Business

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Jonathan D. Proulx <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have people read Jaaksi's blog (previously linked to)
> http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/ before responding?
>
> It's not quite so inflaming as article that started this thread.
>
> Not saying you need ot agree with his position in the blog either, but
> having been quoted by media before, I'm much more inclined to belive
> his blog than the story it is in reaction to...
>
> for the short attention span crowd he does say the learning should be
> a two way street and that Nokia should learn from open source.

...but he also slips DRM in there, which is indefensible. DRM doesn't
protect anybody from anything. It certainly doesn't prevent unethical
people from stealing or distributing content. It does, however, create
a great deal of inconvenience for legal users.

Mark