Re: Exporting an X Session From Another Linux Box to an N770

On Sunday 25 May 2008, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> I've got an N770 running the stock OS.  Can I export an X session to
> it from another Linux system?
> Thanks for any help!

Thanks to both of you that answered.  I somehow had gotten the
impression that the tablets handled the display differently.  All the
stuff I'm expecting to use is all touch-screen interface anyway, since
it's all designed to be used as a carputer.  Normally I'd have the
computer in the trunk or elsewhere and cables running to a touch screen
display, but since the car is (almost) an antique, I want to retrofit
it.  I was stuck on organizing the situation when it hit me I could use
my N770 through wifi and export the X session.

It gives me an added benefit: new cars with remote locks are hackable by
anyone who listens in to them, but with wifi, if I have my N770 with
me, then I could eventually make an app that would lock or unlock the
doors remotely, like the newer keys, but since the connection would use
ssh, it'd be almost unbreakable.

This is turning into something really cool and the idea that I can use
my N770 as a remote display and not even have to have a wired head unit
is fantastic!

Thanks!

Hal