Re: N810 - The glass is half full

John Holmblad wrote:
[...]
> I am surprised that the reviewer did not mention the existence of the
> portfolio of applications available at the maemo www site. Does this
> suggest that Nokia is not doing a satisfactory job of promoting maemo as
> a viable site for good quality N810/N800 applications?

I'm afraid Nokia is doing a rather poor job of mentioning the N7/8** and
anything to do with it at all. I've never seen any model advertised or
even given an editorial mention (except a fleeting announcement in /.),
so they certainly don't mention the existence of the Maemo apps. When I
was looking for a replacement for my Zaurus, the only reason I even
became aware of the N800 was because of a reply to a query I posted on
Usenet.

It's not clear why they never advertise it or even mention it. I get the
feeling they don't know its marketplace, and that it's still a bit too
experimental for the mainstream PDA market. It's a great pity, because
it has good potential. Or perhaps I have misinterpreted them: maybe it
was only ever intended as an experiment...in which case, will there ever
be a production model?

///Peter