Re: Newbie to maemo lookig for advice

On Thu, 15 May 2008 21:33:40 -0300
Rodrigo Vivi wrote:

> Mamona is not ready for final users yet. We are focused on the
> platform itself. The 0.1 version has the e17 but without any
> application.

Oops. Didn't know that.

I was looking for some nice WM, and most important, more application
not so much gmail focused... I mean, I do not use jabber or google
talk, or gmail (well, I have one account for work, but no personal
one..), so I was looking for amsn/gaim/wathever, Claws-mail, browser
with tab support, mplayer.... something with basic apps and more similar
to my laptop/pc.

May I remove all default apps and look for what I want in non-default
repos? do you recommend that?

> We are going to release the 0.2 including N770 support but without any
> application either... We will support only Canola running on it.
Mmmm... Canola looks great, but if you are no planning to support apps,
that's not what I'm really looking for...

Many thanks for your reply,
Arnau