Re: Decent PIM for the N8x0

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 11:49:56AM -0600, Mark wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Kevin T. Neely
> <ktneely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  Just look at how Nokia has it marketed:  it is an "N-series" device, which (apart from the tablet) is all smartphones.
> >

> That's really not true. First of all, every one of those smartphones
> has a decent PIM that works (not to mention a whole bunch of other

Exactly what I said, they are all so-called "smartphones" as opposed to laptops.  Of course, that line blurs more and more each year.

I think the tablets are completely consumer devices.  Based on mine, a couple other people at work have purchased them.  One, I even had to upgrade the OS for her, since that process did not make sense to her.  But still, they all manage to take advantage of a number of apps, including GPE and canola, on the tablet.

And, since the beginning of this thread, I have started to use the GPE apps more.  I now have Cal syncing with my Google Calendar(s) with Ermining and it works great, I've imported my contacts, so even though they do not sync (boy, syncing w/ Google would be great!) I still have 95% of the contacts I would ever want to look at sitting there in my pocket.
Kudos to Graham and all his work.  GPE may not be polished, but it has added yet another facet to my tablet.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com