Re: Decent PIM for the N8x0

Jonathan Markevich wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Ryan Pavlik <abiryan@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:abiryan@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>         I have quite a few more suggestions for the calendar but I
>         don't know where to send them either.
>
>     Always look for a project's bug tracker instead of letting ideas
>     or bugs fester - in this case, it's http://bugs.linuxtogo.org/
>      but that took me very little time on the good ol' google to find :D
>

> a) Oh boy another online registration!  And for Bugzilla!  Which is
> more annoying, the missing features or the way of reporting them?
> (trick question, bugzilla of course).
See previous threads, not gonna start this one again.

> "This is where we put in lots of nifty words explaining all about
> Bugzilla." indeed.
/me rolls his eyes.
That would be the clever text that comes with Bugzilla.

> b) Ideas.  Not bugs.  Why a bug tracker...
It's really more of an issue tracker - if you registered you'd see
there's a "Enhancement" priority.  In any case, it's a searchable,
useable database rather than the freeform temporal storage that is email.

> c) This is n800 specific.  Does it go to Graham or upstream?  If
> Graham gets an idea, can he implement it or does it go upstream?  Does
> google tell me that?
Graham _is_ with upstream.  I'm pretty sure he gets notified on bugs,
though I might be thinking of the opensync bug I filed.  To be honest,
I'm not sure what you're trying to ask in this question.

> Given those choices, I'd almost rather let the ideas fester.

It's a shame.

--
Ryan Pavlik
www.cleardefinition.com