Re: Decent PIM for the N8x0

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:42 PM, <hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been playing with the todo list lately, I can probably work with it.  Wanted stuff below.

What I do like about GPE is that it doesn't have a limit on the number
of categories available (at least, not one I've encountered; I was
always bumping against the 16-category limit on Palm).

And what's more, categories are more like tags; WAY more useful.  I can (for example) have a category called shopping and a category called Staples so I can filter just to Staples items when I'm there.  I can have the exact same item tagged to filter to another store too.  They're not mutually exclusive like the Palm has.

As far as I know, GPE stores its to-do list in a data base, which is (at
least conceptually) an unordered set of records.  The kind of
hand-rearranging I do is not really conceptually compatible with this.

Why not?  You can sort by any field in a database, so if there was a "manual_sort" field it would work.

For this to be a successful task list on my n800 it needs 2 basic things:
1) (at least the option for) Finger-friendly checkboxes.  I don't like Hildon checkboxes, and this 3-way one is microscopic!  I'd actually like to see a focus-magnify thing like the Palm address book has.
2) Subtasks!

After that, it would be *nice to have* a few other things, but without them it's still very workable.

I have quite a few more suggestions for the calendar but I don't know where to send them either.