Re: Decent PIM for the N8x0

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Jonathan Markevich
<jmarkevich+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 (snip)
> After that, it would be *nice to have* a few other things, but without them it's still very workable.
>
> I have quite a few more suggestions for the calendar but I don't know where to send them either.

Ditto!  I still can't believe how awkwardly the top line of Calendar
is formatted with the names of the days/months/years crushed together
on top of each other when there's a lot of free space to expand into.
I'd fix it if I had the slightest idea how the UI was put together
(Glade?).  Of all the bugs or features I've found this seems like the
simplest to fix and most glaring error.

I have a more general question for Maemo developers-- is there any way
short of writing/editing a rc2.d script to automatically start an
application upon restart/power on?  Without having Calendar started we
receive no alarms set within it.  It would be amazing if there was
some way to integrate the existing (humble but extremely robust) alarm
functionality in Maemo with GPE so the alarms would always go off and
alarms set in error (like the ones that go off a day after the real
alarm) would be more obvious since they could be seen in the Maemo
alarm list.

Larry