Re: Sharing PC Drives

That's interesting that it doesn't work you for.  It works fine for me (n800 with os2008).  I open file manager and after a few seconds any machines with SMB shares (Windows machines or Linux machines with Samba) show up.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Lake Stevens Dental <lakestevensdental@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ryan Pavlik wrote:

>> it would seem logical that a tablet should be able  to log onto a lan
>> and access files via wifi.  If there's an app for that, it's not
>> very well described  or marketed.  In contrast, my daughter's eee pc
>> wifi logs on to our home lan and network resoures show up in the
>> default file manager's startp page. I'm not sure why this the
>> the tablet's file manager doesn't work this way.  Seems like a 'duh' as
>> far as obvious utility goes, but here we are without it.
> This should be built in to the file manager - open it up, and any
> windows/samba shares that don't require a logon are be there.
 Should be, IMHO, but it doesn't work on my lan...   At least not with
the generic setup that my n800 2008OS has.  As noted before, it would
seem logical for the system to default this way, but doesn't happen.

--

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc@xxxxxxxxxxx