Re: Sharing PC Drives

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:54:05 -0700
Randall <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Get a bluetooth usb dongle for the deskktop and connect with your
tablet's bluetooth.  You can access any shared drive on the pc's
network.

 Dealextreme.com has bluetooth dongles cheap if you can wait for
delivery. Some may require a internet driver search.  Caveat :
bluetooth transfers are relatively  slow.  Plus there may be a minor
learning curve on establishing desktp bluetooth connections.  On the
positive side, a bluetooth desktop and n8xx can connect with bluetooth
cell phones for file transfers -- pics, music, and maybe games and phone
records and  calendars.

Option 2 = transfer files via sd card readers. Quickest.

it would seem logical that a tablet should be able  to log onto a lan
and access files via wifi.  If there's an app for that, it's not
very well described  or marketed.  In contrast, my daughter's eee pc
wifi logs on to our home lan and network resoures show up in the
default file manager's startp page. I'm not sure why this the
the tablet's file manager doesn't work this way.  Seems like a 'duh' as
far as obvious utility goes, but here we are without it.