Re: Abiword on N8x0 (was: Bluetooth Keyboard?)

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
>  i.e. "just" only a bit over 50MB RAM just to open an empty doc.
>  (as a reference, the apps on N8x0 need normally 1/10 of this).
>
>  After bootup there's something like 80MB available on device, depending
>  on what Home applets you have enabled.  I'm pretty sure you'd need swap
>  to view any real documents with OO and the already slow OO would
>  real crawl if it's swapping...  OO layout might not leave much space
>  to view the actual document either.
>
>  If Abiword is not an option, I would suggest PDF export from OO
>  and just reading the PDFs on the device.
>

>         - Eero

The point is that I need to be able to actually edit files, not just
view them. The great thing about OOo is that it is highly compatible
with Word and other formats as well as OpenDocument, so one
application would serve a lot of uses.

I tried the latest version of Abiword on my desktop with kubuntu, and
it can't even open the most rudimentary of my files, so I don't think
it's worth attempting on my N800.

Mark