Internal Memory Read Only?

Quoting Scott Carr <scarr at progbits.com>:

> For some reason, my internal memory is now mounted as a read only
> filesystem.  Not sure how this happened.  How would I go about making
> it read write again?
>
> I have a 4 GB MiniSD card that I have recently put into the system.
> That shouldn't have caused the Internal memory to go read only though
> should it?

This was on an n810, and I was talking about the internal 2Gb card
with the Map data on it.

I hooked the n810 up via the USB cable to my Linux box, and was able
to run fsck.vfat on the partition.  I had to run it 4 times to get the
various errors fixed, but it finally came back with a good bill of
health.  This took care of my issue without having to format the drive
and reinstall the map files, and the backups I had taken.

If you are on Windows, you could probably use Knoppix to gain access
to fsck.vfat.

--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org