Mouse button 2/3 on N8*0 ?

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Martin Grimme wrote:

> If the app supports the additional mouse buttons, it should do so on
> the tablet as well without modifications. E.g. I'm able to scroll
> through lists with the mouse wheel on the tablet via vnc.

Am I being dumb ? AFAIK my N810 doesn't have a mouse wheel or mouse
buttons - I can tap on the screen = mouse 1, and there's a joystick ring
on the slide-out keyboard mapped to Up, Down, Left, Right and Enter.
Various other buttons (fullscreen, zoom in etc.) map to F5, etc.

(I meant that I was using the tablet to access an app on a server or
desktop, not using the desktop to access an app on the tablet. Or, I
might port some desktop app to the tablet that uses mouse 2/3)

(does it, perchance, support a Bletooth mouse ? I presume it would if one
can use a BT keyboard)

> AFAIK, tap-and-hold doesn't technically emulate any mouse button. It's
> handled on the application level (GTK, Hildon), not by the X server.

Well, yes. I just meant that if I wanted to save an image I could
do tap-and-hold to bring up the menu that I would get with mouse-3 on
my desktop.

Andrew