Abiword on N8x0

James Knott wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>> I still may try it on my N800 for plain text files, because using vi
>> is excruciatning without a proper keyboard.
>>

> Is Emacs available for the N800? ;-)

Someone was doing one, and it's in one of the pages: I downloaded it but
it hung in the osso xterm. I mailed him and he said he was recompiling,
but I never heard back.

I can't pursue it myself as I don't have the toolchain or the skills
required, but what's needed is the equivalent of the standard GTK GNU
Emacs so that the menus work (ie *not* the dumb terminal version). I
have no idea if this is even possible.

It also needs to be able to load and run standard .el/.elc code so that
the expected modes work properly. This may be too much to ask, but it
would be a pity as it's the only tool missing from the N800.

///Peter