Encrypted filesystem/containers on N8*0 ?

Andrew Daviel wrote:
> (For the paranoid, there was recent buzz about people pulling data such
> as disk encryption keys out of RAM by cooling it, power-cycling then
> booting an alternate low-footprint OS - e.g. if someone steals your
> laptop when it's suspended or on)

I read about that a while ago. It requires that it be cooled within
seconds of power down. Even then you don't have a lot of time to recover
the data and you need the hardware to be able to extract data. While
technically possible, it's unlikely the need resources would be readily
available. Also, IIRC, the data was not read by the original computer,
as the memory test in the POST would over write the data.