Encrypted filesystem/containers on N8*0 ?

I was able to get FUSE and sshfs up and running on chinook with the packages
located here<http://maemo-sdk.garage.maemo.org/download/repo/dists/alpha-1/target/chinook/binary-armel/>
.
This doesn't solve your problem, I know, but on the rest of my linux
computers I've been using encfs with FUSE.  I don't think it would be very
hard to get encfs <http://www.arg0.net/encfs> up and running on chinook with
FUSE already tackled.  In fact I might try getting that going myself.  Encfs
seems like it would be exactly what you want.