Bluetooth keyboard?

  *When* is someone going to make Emacs work on the N800? <grovel/>

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138539

http://troubleshooter.is-a-geek.com/emacs_22.1-1_armel.deb

I've been running it for almost two months. Works like a charm.
OTOH, when is someone going to make LaTeX work?
http://maemo.org/development/tools/ has a port of tetex-{base,bin,extra} but
they are not installable for reasons that I have posted elsewhere (conflicts
with busybox and fakedebconf).

But I have been running Debian sid in a chroot for almost a month as per:

http://maemo.org/community/wiki/debianarmel_on_it/

And I have tetex-extra installed in that. And I have ssh/chroot trampolines to
make LaTeX, BibTeX, and xdvi in the chroot accessible to the standard Emacs
commands. Works like a charm. The only catch is that while I have cvs
installed in the chroot, I can't get trampolines for cvs to work with Emacs.
That is a story for another day.

  Marius Vollmer <marius.vollmer at nokia.com> writes:

  Yay, academics on the run, ready to toss out a paper wherever they
  go... :-)

You betcha. I carry my N810, my Freedom Universal bluetooth keyboard, and my
Motorola RAZR2 V9m in my pocket at all times. I can write, compile, and debug
code with Scheme->C (which I ported to maemo with the help of Andrei Barbu)
and I can write papers and proposals about it. The only thing I use my laptop
for now is to give presentations where an XGA out is needed. But since LaTeX
beamer and xpdf work on the N810, if Nokia were to make a future device that
had a XGA out (even with a dongle or via USB or bluetooth or SDIO) ...

    Jeff (http://www.ece.purdue.edu/~qobi)