Internal Memory Read Only?

Quoting "Kevin T. Neely" <ktneely at astroturfgarden.com>:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:45:54AM -0500, Scott Carr wrote:
>> Quoting Ryan Pavlik <abiryan at ryand.net>:
>> > Well, there are two different internal memories - the 256 system and
>> > the 2gb "fake internal card" with map data.  (I have no idea how to get
>> > map data back, presumably from within the program.  I know it can be
>>
>> I am talking about the 2gb card with the Map info, etc.  It is saying
>> readonly filesystem, for some reason.  Also, I can't install any new
>> applications or update either.  I believe those tasks make use of the
>> 2gb card as well.
>

> This sounds similar to my problem I posted to the list at the first
> of the year.  That thread was "MMC Read only" or something like
> that.  I'm running OS2007HE on a 770 and my 2GB MMC card suddenly
> went Read-only.  I blamed it on the kernel not being patched with
> the improved driver (your OS2008 wouldn't suffer from this, I think)
>  but it actually happened one more time after patching, so I never
> determined -for sure- the cause of the problem.
>
> To fix it, I had to run nkdosfs from my laptop on the memory card to
>  reformat it.  I ended up with only 1GB of space on the card, but I
> attribute that to it being a cheap card from Hong Kong that likely
> wasn't 2GB in the first place.

Thanks for the info.  This is actually the internal Memory card on the
N810, don't have the ability to change it that I know of.

The other problem is, that if/when I format it, I lose all the maps
that are currently stored on the card.

Otherwise, I would have already done so.  ;-)

I had my 770 for about 2 years.  The 810 does have some nice features
in addition to 770 feature set.

--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org