How do i uninstall the default Email program?

tanguyr wrote:
> Ryan, Jonathan,
>
> OK, too bad - but thanks for the info.
>
> Can i assume this goes for all default apps (i also wanted to drop the
> default media player for Canola2)?

It's unfortunate that Nokia didn't try to learn from other attempts at
Linux-based pocket devices, notably the Sharp Zaurus, where the same
problem occurred.

It is abundantly unclear to me why the builtin mail, calendar, and
contacts under OS2007 were chosen when they are quite seriously lacking
in key functionality compared with the obvious possibilities (eg GPE
apps); especially when the web browser and other apps are pretty good.

Making them non-removable merely adds unnecessarily to the problem. I
believe it is even not possible to switch default behaviours (so that
clicking on an email address in the browser, or clicking on Contacts in
some other app, will pop up your installed replacement instead of the
builtin default), but I'm happy to be corrected on that.

Just a small but annoying blemish on an otherwise excellent product.

///Peter