Resetting the screen lock number on Nokia N8*

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Austin Che wrote:

>> How exactly would you get past the lock ?
>
>    You should be able to use the flasher to set the default root
>    device to the external card and then put on the card an OS that
>    ignores the device lock on startup.

OK. Of course it must be an ARM OS not some random Knoppix image...

In terms of the original question, for ordinary mortals the answer seems
to be "write it down and keep it safe, unless you know a wizard"
spiced with "but don't use a sensitive number, because a wizard can read
it".

Until someone places a foolproof 1-step rescue image on the Web and
documents exactly how to install and boot it. I presume one might copy
an image to the SD card over USB then use the Nokia flasher to boot it.

Andrew