shift-notifier in osso-xterm on N810

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Austin Che wrote:

>> Does anyone know if one can disable the shift notifier in osso-xterm ?

>    Control panel->Text input->Languages->Settings and uncheck word
>    completion and next word prediction. You can also selectively
>    show/hide it with shift-space.

Thanks. Now all I have to do is swap characters I never use, such as the
Yen symbol, for ones I use every few minutes, like '|' ....
I find I keep opening and closing the keyboard

.. Oops! Bad move ...

I made .Xmodmap with
   keysym semicolon = semicolon colon bar bar bar
   keysym plus = plus equal Tab Tab Tab
   keysym m = m M Escape Escape Escape

and put
   if [ -x /usr/bin/xmodmap -a -s .Xmodmap ] ; then
     xmodmap .Xmodmap
   fi

in ~user/.profile, and now it won't boot. Keeps looping.
I have the key lock on so sshd won't come up. Bah! Back to the flasher, I
guess, unless anyone's got any suggestions.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)