shift-notifier in osso-xterm on N810

Does anyone know if one can disable the shift notifier in osso-xterm ?

On the N810, if I maximize osso-xterm and slide out the keyboard, I have the
full screen available, which is almost as good as xterm on my desktop. But as
soon as I hit a key, it takes about 5 lines worth of vertical to put a shift
notifier (abc/Abc/ABC/Fn) in the corner, and leaves it there till I close and
re-open the keyboard. Not that it isn't useful, I just  begrudge it 15% of the
screen. It might be better as a pop-up that goes away after a second or so.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)