fetchmail?

> Is email received by a standard fetchmail mechanism? Is arriving email placed
> in a standard location like /var/mail/user or /var/spool/mail/user? I noticed
> that the directories /var/mail/ and /var/spool/mail/ exist but they are empty.
> The reason that I ask is that I would like to read email with emacs/rmail

One of strange questions in a row. Fetchmail is just a python
script, so you could use it if you like, for sure. Also, you
could point it to whereever you like. Be prepared to find it
with your mail client at unusual place, other then default.
The very point is that tablet is not regular pc/laptop.

                             Zoran