New member...new help understanding how to download, and install apps....

> Just received my N800 Friday, I have a question regarding downloading, and
> installing applications.  I'm currently trying to download a SSH client
> server app, 'Dropbear', I've tried downloading the .deb file from Dropbear
> site tried to install to no avail, then tried downloading .tar.gz file
> same thing - what am I doing wrong????

I just went for openssh on my N810 (the same software should work on your
N800, if you run the latest "firmware").  I basically did:

1/ Enable "Red Pill" mode:
http://hildon-app-mgr.garage.maemo.org/redpill.html

2/ Add the Maemo 4 Chinook SDK tools repository:
http://maemo.org/development/tools/

3/ Install openssh using the Application Manager.