memory cards for a 770

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 02:09:33PM +0000, Ulises wrote:
> Aye up chaps!

Caveat Emptor on these cards.  I got one in the mail and had a number of problems with it (see posts from last month titled MMC read only).  I am not sure whether or not this was due to a faulty card or due to an unpatched kernel on my tablet (since patched with the hack, also see that thread).  I am still using the card as my main memory card, however, it only reports 1GB, and I have not been able to format it beyond that size with mkdosfs.  Personally, I suspect they force formatted a 1GB card into 2.

The card never had a problem in my PC, so perhaps it was the tablet, although I encourtered the problem once or twice after patchign my kernel, I have been able to download podcasts to it at high speed using gpodder without a problem lately.  I only do one podcast at a time, however, just to be safe.

YMMV, but I would spend the money on a Kingston or Nokia card, to be safe.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com