Books / Movies Catalogue on my 770?

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:55:38AM +0200, Amichai Rotman wrote:

> I want to catalogue my book collection (or any other, for that matter) using

I think at the moment, your best way to do this sort of thing is to use the tablet as a web interface to a hosted database of some sort.  Back when I carried around a palm device, I had purchased a great program called HanDbase, which was a light database that made it very easy to design your own databases.

Apparently, I'm still on their mailing list, and they just released version 4.0.  Missing my wine tasting notes I had put in a handbase database, I asked if one was under development for the maemo platform (they support symbian), essentially saying this is an area which is lacking on maemo and it would be a great addition.
Here is the response i received:

While we would love to be able to provide a version of HanDbase for the
Nokia Internet Tablets, there are many variables to consider
before undertaking this project.  Should it ever become a reality that there is a
native version of HanDBase for these devices, I agree that it would be a great
step forward for them as they are lacking in this area of software.

In the meantime I want to verify for you that I have HanDBase version 4 running
inside of the Garnet OS emulator on my Nokia n800, running the 2008 release of
the operating system.  While this isn't the perfect solution it is definitely
better than doing without a database software.

--
In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com