Elektex bluetooth SPP keyboard

   Never heard of anyone with this keyboard.

The nice thing about this keyboard is that you can wrap it around the N810 so
that it doubles as both a keyboard and a protective case. It is the most
comfortable way to keep both the N810 and a keyboard in a pocket. It remains
to be seen if it actually is usefull for typing.

   At least freedom, smartbt or
   btfoldable types are worth of trying. What does 'it does not work' mean?
   Swapped keys? Random key press or release events? Nothing at all?

I actually tried all of the keyboard types:

   foldable
   stowaway
   stowawayxt
   snapntype
   snapntypebt
   hpslim
   smartbt
   lirc
   belkinir
   flexis
   q250
   pocketvik
   microfold
   micropad
   microkbd
   targusir
   freedom
   btfoldable

I didn't keep track of the behaviour of each one but I noticed four broad
classes of behavor (all of them report connecting):

 1. Some of them connect but then immediately disconnect.
 2. Some stay connected but nothing happens when I press any keys.
 3. Some stay connected. When I press some keys I get characters entered into
    osso-xterm (but different from what I pressed) and when I press other keys
    no character appears.
 4. Some stay connected but a repeated string of the same character is entered
    into osso-xterm even though I'm not pressing any key. When I press a key
    it changes into a repeated string of a different character (but unrelated
    to what I type). There appears no way to stop this and eventually the
    osso-xterm process dies.

   Also with any of those types (btfoldable at least) try to enable debug
   output in btkbd.conf and watch /tmp/kbdd.log  when you press and release
   keys (tail -f over ssh or in another xterm window). You should see raw
   scan codes for each key press or release. Then you can examine source
   for same keyboard type or add your own. If you make table for
   keyboards.h similar to one at the end of this
   http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/btfoldable.diff I will add it to my build of
   kbdd.

Thanks, I'll try this.

    Jeff (http://www.ece.purdue.edu/~qobi)