Nokia buys Trolltech

Trolltech had recently acquired fonav which sound quite interesting
according to this snippet -

Unified Communications Platform

The FONAV solution is expected to be incorporated into Trolltech's
Qtopia product line and offers a presence-based, unified live in-box
for calls, email, instant messaging and voice messages. Presence is
also integrated into the address book, and the user can easily control
how and when he wishes to reach others providing an always-on
connection to the user's social network. The Platform also creates new
revenue opportunities for service providers, including broadband and
VoIP operators, wire-line operators and web portals/communities.

The Unified Communications Platform is fully SIP standards based and
includes SIP compliant VoIP services with calls made to and received
from any number. Instant messaging uses the open source Jabber (XMPP)
protocol allowing users to communicate using text or voice with any
open community such as Google? Talk.  Email includes POP3 and IMAP
access and WiFi is compatible with 802.xx standards with secure access
using hardware-based WEP and WPA. Hotspot authentication for selected
wireless ISPs is also supported.

"The connected device space is booming with innovative devices ? from
the Nokia N800 to the Apple iPhone, or the Sony Mylo. A rich software
platform is a key ingredient to building devices like these," said Ram
Fish, CEO, FONAV. "By combining forces with Trolltech, we now offer a
rich open standards and open source platform for device vendors and a
way of helping device manufacturers achieve fast time-to-market with a
high quality user experience. Qtopia provides an excellent foundation
to integrate multimedia, web and other technologies and enables phone
manufacturers and service providers to innovate quickly at lower
cost."

http://trolltech.com/company/newsroom/announcements/press.2007-06-19.3922517821