garbled text on tracks using UK Media Player

On my 770, my favorite media player to use is the UKMP (although I am impressed at the improvements in the default player from OS2006 to OS2007HW), however, when I use it, the tracks I have downloaded from my eMusic subscription have garbled metadata.  I posted this bug:

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2058&group_id=234&atid=945

I have had music on there that was not garbled, and i believe I ripped those tracks myself from my own CDs.  The metadata does not appear garbled in either amarok or in the media player on the 770, so I suspect there is some incompatibility.

Until this bug can be fixed, does anyone know of a tool that would look at a group of tracks and then update the metadata for those tracks?  My thought is that if I essentially replace the metadata, it will come out alright on the UKMP.

thanks,

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com