Miaouw Scrolled window and a Tree View

I'm trying to get the Maiouw Scrolled Window and a GtkTreeView working
in harmony, but the scrolling simply isn't happening.  Has anybody
messed with this widget and had it work in this situation?  I hacked
together an example (and attached to this email) of what I'd like,
based on the miaouw example, but it simply doesn't do what I expect.

Thoughts?

Should I be sending this to maemo-developers?  There was some debate a
year ago about where this type of question goes, but I never read the
outcome of that conversation.

Rich