Memory Full (Installing Apps on SD Cards on the N800)

Hi,

ext Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 03:03:04PM -0500, Russ Wenner wrote:
>> Is it possible to have applications install on the SD cards instead of the
>> built in memory?
>
> Not easily.
>
>> I am getting "not enough memory" warnings while trying to
>> install applications (I must have more and more applications! :-)
>
> Time to remove some.
>
>> I am running an N800 with OS2008.
>
> Or move the big sample movies songs and multilingual user manuals from
> the internal memory to a SD card.  Maemo Mapper also defaults to
> downloading its maps into the internal memory, and can fill it up pretty
> quickly.

The user manuals actually compress pretty well (can be tested with lzop
which uses the same algorithm as JFFS2 file system) so the example video
probably takes more space than the manuals I think.

Example images could also be moved to memory cards.

	- Eero