[Fwd: Re: Skype video?]

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:45:01AM +0100, Johan Helsingius wrote:
> Matt,
>
> > Why does Thunderbird always send to individuals rather than the list for
> > this mailing list? Weird!
>
> Not at all weird, and not in any way Thunderbird-specific. The mailing
> list keeps the sender address in the "From:" field, so responses go
> to the original sender. Use "Reply All" if you want to send to the
> whole list too.

I don't use Thunderbird, but from what I've rad on linux-user,
thunderbird is broken, and in violation of the applicable standards.  A
mailer is supposed to have a "reply to list" option, which is not the
same as "reply to all".  THis feature has been requeted ages ago, but
last I heard, it's still not implemented.

-- hendrik