apps install problem

2008/1/12, Thomas Armagost <silly at well.com>:

> slow but sure.  http://maemo.org/downloads/OS2007

Right. I don't know why it's so slow. Maybe they're working on the server,
or maybe lots of new users this Christmas :)

escape key, which is necessary in the vi editor.  And I was unable

I don't know N800. But with N770 the escape hardware key is good for
escaping VIM. It's true that there's no escape virtual key, but not
necessary.

to find the dash (-) symbol on the virtual keyboard.  This is
> needed for many UNIX commands (ls -f) as I'm sure you know.

This is hard to understand. There must be a dash symbol, near the numbers.
In what language are you working with your Tablet?

I have no doubt that the dash and the escape key are somewhere.

Virtual dash is, hard escape is also.

Now that I've installed xterm I'm convinced that the n800 is a
> real computer.

You can write shell scripts, do awk and sed programming. You can compile
without any problem simple C and C++ programs with gcc and g++ from inside
the tablet (those needing only stdio work perfectly). You can program
assembler, Fortran, python, perl, etc... without need of a PC... You can ssh
any machine from your tablet, or VNC if there's no security issues... For me
it's a complete Debian system, though some features are not available.

Tallyho,
> Thomas Armagost
> silly at well.com
> http://sillyblog.net