List of Repository for OS2008

On Jan 11, 2008 6:40 PM, Austin Che <maemo at austinche.name> wrote:
> "Andrew Flegg" <andrew at bleb.org> wrote:
>
> > However, I really think this is papering over the cracks. We need to
> > sort out the repository mess: all software should be in extras (or
> > extras-devel for alpha/beta-level software), with no dependencies on
> > any other repo unless it is installed by default.
>
>     I've asked for upload permissions to extras twice by emailing
>     garage at maemo.org with no response either time. For me, and most
>     likely others, it's just simpler and less hassle to just copy
>     packages on to a web server.

I know it's easier for the developer. But it's not easier for the
user. Honestly, 1 developer < n users; and I say that sitting in both
camps.

If there's a problem with getting upload rights, that needs to be
highlighted and resolved. Possibly by an email to maemo-developers and
a bug in Bugzilla? Others may have better suggestions for how to get
the issue resolved.

Cheers,

Andrew

--