apps install problem

2008/1/11, Thomas Armagost <silly at well.com>:

> I'm exploring the mysteries of Red Pill Mode.

It's completely unnecessary if you manage to install via apt-get in an
xterm.

I noticed a blog item claiming that Red Pill Mode bricked an n800.

No problem. As Marius said you can then re-flash the device. I've done that
several times "experiencing" with new system configuration.

Maybe I should use the flasher to install OS2008.  Then I could use
> xterm.  I'll assume that WiFi would no longer be mandatory then.

If you're able to use xterm, then you'll find a real Debian system with
usual features. But I don't understand your remark about WiFi. Every time
you change your /etc/apt/sources.list, you should run 'apt-get update' with
an active internet connection. It's the same.

I'll probably just install a WAP and connect it to a wired router.

I have a flat rate for my mobile phone internet connection, so that I always
connect via bluetooth, unless I'm in the nearby of a WAP.

Tallyho,
> Thomas Armagost
> silly at well.com
> http://sillyblog.net