how to access media content from home network to maemo device?

hi all,

sorry if this has been asked before. I'm a happy new owner of a n810
and wondering how I could access my music/video collection on my home
network from anywhere.

I have all my audio/video content on a (Iinux based) home system,
connect to the net via DSL, and I'm wondering if there's any software
that would make it possible for my n810 to access this content and
either copy or stream audio/video files so I can access from anywhere
using wifi or bluetooth/cellphone.

I imagine this would require an application on my home server to
index and stream the content, as well as a maemo client app to browse
and access the content. Or maybe there's software that is not maemo
specific but just allows access through a mobile device friendly web
interface.

Is anyone using maemo to access a home media library and if so, how?
Are there any projects in developments that will do this, or are they
perhaps planned features for existing applications (UKMP, Canola)?

thanks
Peter