Passwordsafe install

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 01:34:41PM -0600, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> The passwordsafe utility won't install over the web on my new N800.  I
> browse to maemo.org, select downloads, select security, click "install
> now", click "open", and it starts up Application Manager, and then it
> says "Operation failed".

What's the actual error (Tools -> Log...)?

Which OS version do you have: 2006, 2007, 2008?

Yes.  I used http://mg.pov.lt/770/pwsafe.install

> And is it the same as the
> utility called "pwsafe" over at Nokia, which doesn't seem to be
> compatible with the Schneier/counnterpane passwordsafe databases? (That
> compatibility is key for me, since my main desktop system is a windows box.)

I don't know what's "pwsafe over at Nokia".  PasswordSafe is different
but compatible with the command-line pwsafe on my Linux desktop, and
AFAIU it is compatible with Schneier's passwordsafe databases.

Marius Gedminas
--
We've found by experience that people who are careless and sloppy writers are
usually also careless and sloppy thinkers (often enough to bet on, anyway).