MPlayer and Free42 for OS 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 11:00 AM, William Gordon Rutherdale
<will.rutherdale at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> It's unlikely this is "some weird format", since I worked from a
> legitimate source that would have used standard North American video and
> audio formats.  Moreover, as I stated in the original posting, when I
> play it on my regular linux box, it comes out just fine.  It is only the
> N800 that has problems.

Yes, as you go on to state, there's no reason that mplayer on Maemo
has the same codecs compiled.

> More likely it is a transcoding issue.  Possibly for instance the audio
> is encoded in ac3 and the N800 doesn't support it.

Exactly. Which is why I want to find out why tablet-encode is telling
mencoder to copy the existing audio stream rather than re-encoding it
to MP3. Did you specify the -c, --copy-audio option? If so, don't. If
not, there's a bug in tablet-encode.

> It would help if someone could point
> out to me what codecs are available on the N800.

`mplayer -ac help' should assist here.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

--