WiFi Connection Problem - N800

"ext Josh Z" <josh.zy at gmail.com> writes:

> Is this a software drawback with OS2008 or a hardware limitation
> with N800? I'm thinking the former.

This is a software limitation. IEEE 802.1x with WEP encryption is not
supported by our current software implementation. It's because 802.1x
with WEP is considered lecacy implementation and it's being phased out
by WPA and WPA2.

this has been unsupported with 770, N800 and N810 products, so it's
not a new issue.

> I think 1/3 of the purpose for getting a N800 has just failed me...sad.

Yes, this is very unfortunate and there's nothing I can help you with
right now. I'm sorry about this.

Oh, I just noticed that I accidentally left out the words "WEP
encryption" from my previous mail. IEEE 802.1x is supported with TKIP
and AES encryptions, but not with WEP encryption. Sorry for the
confusion.

--
Kalle Valo