Playing MPEG-2 or .tivo files on N800 OS2008

Thanks for the info, Ryan.

I may be interested in trying to compile things myself.  The key though
is that someone has already compiled both Free42 and MPlayer for OS2007,
and (as you already indicated) I don't want to duplicate effort without
finding out what their plans are.

How would I go about learning who the maintainers are?

-Will